looking for advice for a 72 mm filter

dutchie

I picked up a Nikon 18-300 VR lens REAL CHEAP!!!and would like to protect it as I tend to do a lot of paintball photography.However I don't want to break the bank.Would anyone have any for sale?I just picked up a Hoya PL-CIR on here.Just not sure if it would be good for everyday photography including sports.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

STM

You can't go wrong with Hoya Multi-Coated (HMC) filters. I have one on the front of every one of my lenses except the 300mm f/2.8 and the 600mm f/4 as both of those were the later AIS versions which had one built in. The front elements, especially the 600mm f/4, are HUGE and a filter would cost a fortune.

I have gotten all of mine from Beach Camera (BeachCamera.com - Trusted Retailer of Cameras and Electronics since 1983) and their prices are very reasonable. They also ship same or next day. Although you won't break the bank, I would caution you against getting a cheap one to save a few bucks. A cheap one can degrade image quality and if it is poorly coated (or believe it or not UN-coated), as most cheap ones are, it can add to flare problems as well.