New guy from Ohio!

clix

Hello everyone,

My name is Will. I'm 26. I am a "renewed" photographer. I use to spend a lot of time in photography back about 10 years ago, even took some classes on it. But back then I couldn't afford a high dollar camera (heck, still can't!) so I used a late 80's model 35mm SLR (Canon EOS 650), which was a hand-me-down. I snapped pictures non-stop for about 3 years, then slowed down drastically due to the amount of money I was costing myself in film, and then just faded out of it. Here recently I purchased a Nikon D40 for my freelance web design business and the addiction is back!

That's about it! Have a good day!

STM

Welcome! Success in photography, you will find, quite often has far less to do with the actual equipment used than it does with how well you used the actual equipment! If I could convince my wife to let me get one, I would go out and grab an old Leica M3 (late 50's to late 60's vintage) with a 50mm f/ 1.4 Summicron and still have a ball with it!

piperbarb

Welcome! Success in photography, you will find, quite often has far less to do with the actual equipment used than it does with how well you used the actual equipment! If I could convince my wife to let me get one, I would go out and grab an old Leica M3 (late 50's to late 60's vintage) with a 50mm f/ 1.4 Summicron and still have a ball with it!

That is the camera that really got me into photography. I used my father's M3 for a while until I started getting my own equipment. First Pentax, then Nikon. Still Nikon, but digital now. :) The funny part is that it was the results I was getting from a Nikon F that made my father slowly start to switch from Leica to Nikon, especially when we both entered the same State Fair photo contest and I got an honorable mention, and his photo was not even hung. :) It's not the eqiupment, it's the person behind the camera, and at that time, in the darkroom. Never apologize for your equipment.

Anyway, welcome. You will find a lot of very helpful, friendly people.

and at that time, in the darkroom. .

And even more now is your success with LightRoom or my favorite PhotoShop. And now it is all the plugins for PhotoShop. I learned that today with ColorEfex Pro.

So much can be done with post processing. You will find people on both sides of that debate so just make up your own mind on that.