D800e Low light video clip

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I finally get the chance to compress the video. Vertical Horizon: Everything you need. Taken during their "Tribute to the troops" concert.

D800e, 85mm f1.4 @ f1.4, 1/50, ISO 3200, Nikon ME-1 mic, monopod. HD 1080p converted to vimeo HD.

I think the camera performed very well with this shooting conditions.

[video=vimeo;61265220]http://vimeo.com/61265220[/video]

Last edited:
Other than a little shaky tripod (just reread that is was monopod) this is great. I worked in TV before I retired and I saw video shot with Full HD TV cameras that were no better than this and many that were not this good.
I would bet the uncompressed, converted to vimeo HD is near perfect.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Other than a little shaky tripod (just reread that is was monopod) this is great. I worked in TV before I retired and I saw video shot with Full HD TV cameras that were no better than this and many that were not this good.
I would bet the uncompressed, converted to vimeo HD is near perfect.

Thank you. The full HD is much better especially if you watch it on your flat screen HD tv. :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Nice! Pretty impressed with the ME-1 as well. Was that plugged into camera or an external recorder?

Thanks! The Nikon ME-1 plugs in on one of the slots where the HDMI and head phones plugs in. The Nikon ME-1 does not require a battery which is what I prefer.