Windsor on the map, Hellooooo

Oscariotrix

Hi all :)

It looks I should've started here... Sorry!

Ok! A bit of history...
I started taking pictures in the early 70s with my dad's camera, an old Yashika with no detachable lens, no metering and no (manual) focus indicator. Despite the expense and adjacent waste, this was a steep learning curve that actually gave me the basics of photography pretty quick, and I soon was venturing with films of ISO800 and ISO1600.
Then I upgraded myself to a Praktica, semi-auto, standard 50mm lens and a later addition of 50~120mm zoom, that brought me back to basics in some aspects, but allowed me to explore the macro side of things.
On my 22nd birthday party, my family gave me a Canon AE1-P body with a set of zoom lenses ranging from 18 to 500mm, but unfortunately this whole kit was severely damaged (beyond repair) in a car accident...

And then life threw me into a hole where there were only compact cameras (no will, no budget) for quite some time, while the digital advent was taking place.

It wasn't before 2010 when I decided to dive back into the photography world, so i bought a second-hand Pentax K10D to start with, and although very surprised with both my ancient knowledge and the camera's capabilities, I soon realised i needed to upgrade.

So here I am with a D3200 kit, and not too much time to get creative with it..., and deciding which side of the Thames to go for the best Windsor castle shot!!!

One way or another, here's my HELLO to this community.