Hi from Vancouver WA

Keoki

Hi I just bought a D600 for my very first camera so I'm learning the art of photography along with using (for me) a complicated camera with a lot of buttons and buttons combined with buttons, and menus, along with learning Lightroom 4 all at the same time. I'm trying to learn it all at the same time. Majorly confused most of the time but having a great time. My boyfriend is a Canonite....I know it's a bad word on this site, but he has 35 years of photography experience and is helping me. I think the best part of this journey is getting outside and really seeing! Nature is awesome and I never really noticed it.

Pierro

Hi keoki, and welcome. Nothing wrong with Canon cams, they can be excellent depending on the body. They have their quirks and foibles though, just like Nikons and all others

crycocyon

Welcome, and I'm glad that nature is serving as inspiration for you to learn the more technical aspects of the photographic art. It also looks like you have a very good teacher. Maybe in time your work with your Nikon will inspire him to try Nikon as well. :)