New to the forum

M1A

Hello. I'm M1A...on this site. Garand on most others.

I'm U.S. Army (16 years/1SG), stationed in Belgium.

Ride a Harley Street Glide

Married to a Filipina w/3 children (boys)

I live a frugal life and obsess about books like, "The Total Money Makeover, Millionaire Next Door, and Rich Dad/Poor Dad."

I shoot a D7000 since June 2012. I have the 18-105 Kit, and a 35mm f1.8 Nikkor.

gusflores

Very interesting books #2 By Thomas J Stanley,PH.D and William D. Danko,PH.D and #3 also By Robert T. Kiyosaki with Sharon L. Lechter C.P.A.

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Welcome and thank you for serving! How do you like the kit lens?? I do like the range on that lens (I have a 5100). the 1.8 primes are really good ... I have 2.

Pat in NH

BackdoorArts

Welcome to Nikonites. I ride a '94 XL1200, married a mix of Irish & Czech (I call it "Irish plaid" ... get it ... "Check"?!), spend more than I should have started with a D7000 in January 2011. I think we'll get along anyway. :)

Rick M

Welcome to the site! Don't be too frugal when it comes to lenses!

3 kids, two wives (had to return the first one, was defective).

Last edited:

M1A

Thanks for the welcome, guys/gals.

I'm not huge into historical firearms. I did grow up in the country and know a lot about .22lr, .22mag, 22-250, 45-70, 30-30, 30-06, shotguns, .45s, etc.

Speaking of history: last month I was able to go to Bastogne and actually walk through the Ardennes and see the foxholes from "easy" company 101st!!! They're still there...and protected from damage. I should be shot for not having my camera on me. Honestly, I was a bit peeved about having to go on that trip, but once I was there I was furious that I didn't have my camera. I was even able to sleep in the same barracks as General McAuliffe's men! A very surreal trip.

Last edited: