Pre-dawn ocean images

Dave_W

The Dude
This mornings pre-dawn catch....

D800; 14-24mm; ISO-100

_N8D3766-Edit-2.jpg

_N8D3780-Edit.jpg

_N8D3807-Edit-2.jpg

Interestingly, this is the color many of the images taken at the cove came out. This color hue only showed up for about a 20 min period of time. It wasn't there earlier when the skies were pitch black and seemed to leave as the sky brightened There was an orange light higher up the cliff on the right but it didn't seem like there was enough of it to impart this color. And even though the skies did have a little morning orange/pink coming on, it didn't seem like enough to account for the color in the water. It's kind of a cool surreal look but I wish I knew for sure why it was this color...

_N8D3780.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Great photos, I am always cautious about getting that close to the water while it is still dark. We have snapping handbags here Darwin :)

Dave_W

The Dude
The only snappers we have are the giant west-coast lobsters. Back some 60 yrs ago these lobsters averaged around 15 lbs each with some hitting well into the 25+ lbs range but due to their delicious flavor they're averaging around 4 to 5 lbs these days.

RockyNH_RIP

This mornings pre-dawn catch....

D800; 14-24mm; ISO-100

View attachment 27990

Dave, these are all good... BUT, the 1st one really grabbed my attention.. 1 have seen some of the pictures before around the Cove and they are fantastic.. That pier/bridge (hard to tell what) just goes right in to the black hole.. Impressive!! How/what did you process that one, it almost resembles a negative...

Pat in NH

Dave_W

The Dude
Dave, these are all good... BUT, the 1st one really grabbed my attention.. 1 have seen some of the pictures before around the Cove and they are fantastic.. That pier/bridge (hard to tell what) just goes right in to the black hole.. Impressive!! How/what did you process that one, it almost resembles a negative...

Pat in NH

I used SilverEfex to render it B&W and used the blue filter function which gave it a very strange ghostly look. Here's what it looked like before the blue filter was applied

_N8D3766-2.jpg