New high end compact DSLR!

Rick M

Actually the replacement for the P310 is rumored to be comming with a 1" sensor. I think that would be an awesome pocket size camera.

Pierro

Wonder how it will compare with the NEX range ? A Nikon wielding pro tographer friend of mine who uses a D700 decided to buy himself a NEX and he reckons the NEX is amazing

Rick M

I'd like to have something good for quick casual shots without the worry or size of my DSLR. The problem is I hate to give up quality of a decent size sensor and RAW.

Last edited:

Pierro

Agreed - I think this is why the NEX is such a well thought of camera. Its got a proper sensor! That little Nikon could be special

Pierro

I'd like to see a smartphone with an APS-C sensor in it :cool:

They say that Nikon has a fixed lens, so why is it shown with it dismantled, and why is there a lens release button on the body ?

BackdoorArts

They say that Nikon has a fixed lens, so why is it shown with it dismantled, and why is there a lens release button on the body ?

Add'l lenses to follow, most likely. And, of course, you'll need the ability to clean the sensor when it gets oily and dust like the D7000 & D600. ;)

Pierro

They are showing a mock body that a reader designed, no idea what the real one will look like.

Cheers Rick - I didnt know that was a mock up. I thought that was the real thing :D I agree, its very Leica / LX5 , but that sensor should wipe the floor with both of them

Rick M

Nikon rumors updated and it looks like it will be announced in 1-2 weeks. 28mm fixed focal length with APS-C sensor, maybe it's some kind of retro rangefinder?