Just joined

bassjake

First off, just wanted to say hi! Im wanting get into photography and thought this would be a good place to join. I bought mu first camera the other day and have fallen in love. Although its an older nikon d60, it works fine. Any thoughts ln the camera for my first one? Good, bad? Thanks!

RockyNH_RIP

Welcome to Nikonites... I am fairly new myself and no experience with that camera so I will let those with experience with it answer that. I just want to say that you signed into a great place for all things Nikon!

Pat in NH

BackdoorArts

If it works fine then it'll suit you great as you learn. You'll know when you're ready to step up - if you ever need to. Welcome!!

And is that bass as in fish or the vocal range or the thing with strings (asks another Jake with an affinity for the latter)?

Any camera that works is a good camera. Have fun and Read all you can find on that camera till you get every pixel of good out of it and then buy your next Nikon and start over.

We need pictures from it ASAP.

Welcome to the best Nikon / Photography forum on the net.

bassjake

If it works fine then it'll suit you great as you learn. You'll know when you're ready to step up - if you ever need to. Welcome!!

And is that bass as in fish or the vocal range or the thing with strings (asks another Jake with an affinity for the latter)?

Bass as in bass guitar.lol

BackdoorArts

Cool - what do you play? I've (thankfully) still have the '71 Jazz I got back in '79, plus a couple Pedullas I used in the 80's when I had rock dreams. They still get played, but not nearly as often.

bassjake

Cool - what do you play? I've (thankfully) still have the '71 Jazz I got back in '79, plus a couple Pedullas I used in the 80's when I had rock dreams. They still get played, but not nearly as often.

Unfortunately I do not really play much anymore. I just kind of got out of it, and kept the email/screen name. But its definitely still one of my favorite instruments.

fotojack

Welcome to the site. Nothing wrong at all with a D60. My niece has one, and she takes fantastic shots with it. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. Just read up everything you can about it, read the manual (if you have one. If not, you can download it from the Nikon web site). Got questions....just ask. We'll do our best to help you out.