D7000 price just went up! An upgrade around the corner?!?

zeniamin

Hey,

Has anyone noticed the price for the D7000 went up to $1350 on NikonUSA website?

I wonder what's the catch....

Is Nikon trying to make us think the camera is worth more than it was until yesterday hoping buyers would jump in to get it for $896 on Amazon/Adorama/B&H/etc so they can liquidate the D7000 stock before launching the new D7100 - 7200?!? If they launched the D7000 upgrade at a very similar price with the old one, it would be easy to assume sales would drastically drop for the old D7000...

What do you make of that?

Rick M

Getting ready to slip the D7200 into that spot!

Actually, looks like some errors- D3100 at $731, no way!

Last edited:

piperbarb

D7000 is still $896 on Amazon, & B&H Photo. I think Rick is right. They are are going to slip the replacement in that spot. At least now you have an idea how much the replacement will be.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nikon probably had some price adjustments but that doesn't necessarily reflect the market price.

But first thing we know, there will be a new model number in front of that price.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
It looks like Amazon is out of stock! However, note the text under the listing:

Save $300 Instantly: Purchase this camera from Amazon.com and save $300 instantly. Original price of $1,199.95 - $300 instant savings = price of $899.95. Current Amazon.com price includes manufacturer's instant savings. No additional discount will be applied. Offer valid through March 2, 2013, or while supplies last.

Amazon.com: Nikon D7000 16.2MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only): Camera & Photo

stmv

yes,, anyone standing on the sidelines for a D7000 better get them why you can at these super low prices. I have my strike price at 800 dollars :0.. for and upgrade of my wife's D80.

I consider the D7000 the perfect updgrade for

any older nikons like D200, D40, D50, D70, and D80,, and D90.
and any
3000/3100/5000
and
5100 user that wants more lens options.

and it makes a great camera for any Canon user trying out Nikon (best quality price point).
or any left SRL film users (you know who you are).

I seriously doupt the difference between a 7200 and 7000 will warrant the price delta.

piperbarb

I got my D7000 last week and am glad I did. I love it. I did not expect the price to go down any further, and figured that supplies would become more and more limited the longer I waited. Also, I feel that the replacement will a minor upgrade. The current model has everything I wanted and then some.

stmv

I got my D7000 last week and am glad I did. I love it. I did not expect the price to go down any further, and figured that supplies would become more and more limited the longer I waited. Also, I feel that the replacement will a minor upgrade. The current model has everything I wanted and then some.

Congrats,, yes,, almost the perfect DX camera,, from/function/price.

Riccardo

does anyone have an idea for how long this camera will be still in stock? I am saving to step up from my D3100 to this little dream of mine!

§am

As a comprison, the D5200 & D3200 have been out a while, yet you can still get the D5100 & D3100 which preceded these respectively.

I guess it depends on how fast your savings budget grows...

stmv

often camera models overlaps are for several months,, or more, really depends on inventory, but it seems like the inventory for the 7000 is not as high as maybe past cameras, and that Nikon is working on drying out the inventory, so,, perhaps the window will be shorter this time, so,, the window might be closing on the 7000s within the next 3 months.

And, then inventory seems to pop up over time, I still see Brand new D90s pop up once in a while, and recently an amazing D3000 bundled package was offered up, so these cameras do have a way of lingering a slow death.

and of course, you can always buy used...not a bad way sometimes, I suspect that there will be 1000s of D7000s for sale as people continue to dump them for D600s, and well D7200s.

but, I bet they will hold their value for a while, and used copies will stay around 700 dollar range.

Last edited: