Yn468-11

viscountdriver

Excuse a basic question as I have never used a speedlight before.
I bought the above flash. If I set it to TTL will the canera take care of everything or are there other settings I should care about?

RockyNH_RIP

If you set it to TTL and it is in the Camera Hotshoe... It should communicate with the camera to set itself for the correct amount of flash per the camera settings... Obviously, you still need to set the ISO and aperture for the conditions of the picture.

Pat in NH

Andrew Cresswell

Is this flash good quality? ,i am looking for one for my D5100 at the moment and have seen this model at a price i can afford,don't really want to spend out on a Nikon one as it is not something i would use all the time,but needed occasionally

Andy

RockyNH_RIP

Is this flash good quality? ,i am looking for one for my D5100 at the moment and have seen this model at a price i can afford,don't really want to spend out on a Nikon one as it is not something i would use all the time,but needed occasionally

Andy

Andy, google a couple YouTube reviews but so far what I have seen and read is that is decent, TTL works and most who have it seem satisfied. Also, check Amazon and read the reviews there, mostly favorable.

I almost bought one but since I had a sb-700 I opted for the 560 II (Manual) for some strobe work. I still may pick one up later if I get a 3rd light just because it can back up my TTL Nikon..

I think if yiou have a limited budget and usage, it is a decent deal.

Pat in NH

Andrew Cresswell

UK Amazon don't seem to have anybody selling it unfortunately
:(

Edit:

Just found new one on ebay for less then £70,got to be worth a punt and also found a review that was good,here's hoping;)

Andy

Last edited:

Andrew Cresswell

Arrived today,just had a play and Wow Wow Wow,never had a speed light before but photos indoors are way better,Flash seems really robust and and comes in nice suede bag,something else to learn how to use to it full ability,this hobby gets better all the time

Andy

RockyNH_RIP

Thats Great Andy! Congrats, you can share some shots later when yoyu get a full understanding.. Glad that the build quality looks good!

Pat in NH