My Intro To This Site

marcelt

Hi everyone, my name is Marcel and love taking pictures of any type of subject. I own a Nikon d600 with the 24-70/ 2.8 Nikkor Lens,50 1.4, for now . I just got it about a week ago and still haven,t had time to play with it :( ! I live up north with all four seasons of weather and lots of nice scenery out here . I am married ,with 5 kids ,work in a hospital . I,m 51 years younger and also love older cars. I have currently a 1996 Ford Mustang GT rag top V 8 ! I used to own a Canon d40 ,but decided to try a Nikon this time round ? Hope I get to know this camera cause it has lots of bells and whistles ?? Take Care to all! Marcel

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to Nikonites Marcel. Your name sounds familiar. Hope you enjoy our bunch. Make sure you share these pics done with the D600 and 24-70.

Where are you from exactly? Marcel does not sound like an american name.

fotojack

Hi everyone, my name is Marcel and love taking pictures of any type of subject. I own a Nikon d600 with the 24-70/ 2.8 Nikkor Lens,50 1.4, for now . I just got it about a week ago and still haven,t had time to play with it :( ! I live up north with all four seasons of weather and lots of nice scenery out here . I am married ,with 5 kids ,work in a hospital . I,m 51 years younger and also love older cars. I have currently a 1996 Ford Mustang GT rag top V 8 ! I used to own a Canon d40 ,but decided to try a Nikon this time round ? Hope I get to know this camera cause it has lots of bells and whistles ?? Take Care to all! Marcel

Hi Marcel, welcome to Nikonites. You'll be Marcel #2, as we already have one of those! ;) lol

And you used to own a Canon 40D, right? A D40 is a Nikon camera. ;)

And if you want to get to know your D600, you might want to crack open that brand new owners manual and take a peek inside. All kinds of useful information in there. ;) But if you have any questions about something that isn't covered in that manual, then by all means don't hesitate to ask. We'll be more than happy to help you out. Again...welcome to the forum. :)

marcelt

Hi guys I guess i,m Marcel #2 and I did used to own a Canon 40d-made a mistake ,sorry.I never really cared too much for that camera! I live up north in Sault Ste Marie , Ontario. My name is Italian, I just say Marcel short form from my birth name Marcelino .I don,t speak Italian very well,was brought up as a Canadian. Yes us Canuckistani's are every where, that,s a good thing !! I will share some photos as I get to learn the camera, Thanks Guys and Gals , Marcel#2

marcelt

IMG_0168.jpg

This is my 1996 Ford Mustang GT 5 Speed Convertible. This has the original paint job, with no rust at 73,000 miles on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

marcelt

thanks, I like that body style. How do you post pics in the gallery or on your own folder for people to look at? Thanks

Browncoat

You can upload directly from you PC or via URL (external pic hosting site) by clicking on the picture frame icon in the reply menu. It's between the globe and filmstrip icons.

Or...

You can start your own gallery here on Nikonites and link photos to your posts from there.

Deleted

As a car nut myself, apart from the seats, your Mustang looks much newer than 1996! Good work in keeping it in such good condition. I assume you have a day to day "snow" car too?

traceyjj

Welcome to the forum... I'm not canadian, not a male, but a fellow rag-top owner... but mine is a little 2 seater Mazda :)

Looking forward to seeing more photos from your area :)