Bald Eagles - Fort Myers, FL

BackdoorArts

These guys have been all over the news in the last month, but in case you haven't seen it, there are a pair of nesting Bald Eagles in Fort Myers, FL that live their lives in public, 24x7, via a webcam set up by the owners of the property (makes for great advertising too, eh?). They just happen to be 5 minutes from where my parents live, and right along the drive from the airport to their place. I begged their forgiveness, but I decided that the first priority was a stop to take some pics before we made it to their place yesterday. Ozzie and Harriet, along with their kids Hope and Honor, are quite the local celebs. Hoping to make a trip over again today or tomorrow with Mom & Dad.

8448464093_2f0c1c8525_o.jpg

8448457963_286b541de3_o.jpg

8448458729_22304a529e_o.jpg

8448460175_d341682b64_o.jpg

TedG954

Where I used to boar hunt near the Kissimee River, the property owner had several eagle nests. Some could accommodate two full sized men. It's a beautiful site.

snaphappy

We have quite a few nest along the river here and those nests are just massive! They've put in huge poles taller than the power poles and big flat platform and the eagles nest in them each year. They sure are beautiful but your eagles look much warmer than the ones up here :)

STM

Tami Jo

I sure would love to see them in person...but pictures are the next best thing. Thanks for sharing :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

BackdoorArts

And because I can't resist the caption...

"You put your right claw in, you put your right claw out
You put your right claw in and you shake it all about
You do the Hokey-Pokey and you turn yourself around..."

8452361723_6a87154182_o.jpg