Hello all from Northwest Florida

STM

I am originally from Raleigh, NC but have lived in Pensacola, FL, for the last 24 years. I am as far west in the Florida panhandle as you can go before being in Alabama. I have been using Nikon cameras and lenses sinces 1974. I started with an F2 Photomic and 50mm f/2 Auto Nikkor-H and over the years have also acquired two more F2S's with MD-2s, Nikkormat FT3, FE-2, F4S and finally a D-700. I have AI/AIS lenses from 16mm all the way to 600mm and use them all on both my film and digital cameras exclusively.

I would categorize myself as semi-professional. I do a fair amount of paid work but it is really still just a hobby for me. I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist (work in a hospital microbiology lab) to keep the lights on. I love all kinds of photography; nature, people, scenic, macro, sports, architecture, etc., but enjoy nature and macro photography probably the most.

I have been married for 30 years and have two daughters in their mid 20's. I retired out of the Army back in 2008 after 23 years active duty and reserves.