Hello from East TN

turbodave

Hello fellow Nikonites!!
Just joined the forum and located in Seymour, TN. This is my first exposure to a DSLR of any kind, and thanks to my wonderful Wife, she got me a D5100 kit for Christmas. Alltogether got the D5100, Nikkor 18-55 AF-s, UV filter, and a nice Nikon kit bag.

I am totally fascinated by HDR photogaphs, and hope to learn much more about it. Obviously my next purchase will have to be a tripod to accomplish this!!

Rick M

BTW, since you have auto bracketing you can take some handheld HDR shots, perhaps resting on something if you can. If you don't have HDR software, Photomatix is excellent. You can download a free trail to mess around with it. I use the light version (cheap) and it works great.

turbodave

I have Luminance HDR loaded for post production work on HDR, and of course ViewNX2 for pp work on regular photos. I tried the auto bracketing (because the camera's native HDR mode only takes two shots), and had the camera sitting on a chair, but it must have moved because the three shots didn't merge well at all in Luminance. Could also be that I forgot to shoot in RAW.

Dave H.
Nikon D5100

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Welcome to Nikonites! If HDR is what you're most interested in, do yourself a favor and pick up a tripod. It'll make a world of difference.

Mike150

Welcome Dave.
It's been a while but I've seen some of the beautiful country you have in your area. Lots of opportunity for landscapes shots too.