Screen protector

Dooku77

How many of you just have the snap on screen protector on? I have a stick on one under the snap on protector And I'm getting ready to take them off.

Dooku77

I have the zagg set on my camera. Top screen and big screen. Then I have the snap on over that. It looks terrible.

Dooku77

Dooku77

Is this the film type? scratched up?

It is the film type but it comes with a liquid solution that gets sprayed on both sides and squeegee out. It's not scratched but it has this weird orange peel type texture that makes it kind of hard to see detail in the photos.

fotojack

I just have the snap on one that came with the D200. It not only protects from scratches, but also any kind of hard bump to it that would otherwise crack the LCD screen. It stays on. The D40, on the other hand, has no film or plastic protector. It was already scratched when I bought it (second hand).

Sambr

My D4 does NOT come with a screen protector Nikon does not make one for the D3,D3s or D4. I used the D3s in all kinds of weather and conditions like going through brush & brambles and not a scratch. It does make me uncomfortable though I am going to look at the Zagg for the D4

Dooku77

The complete zagg kit cost me 19 dollars. It's not a bad kit but I used it along with the snap on and it is not a good pair. I'm going to check out that glass screen protector.

John!

the problem I have with the plastic snap on type is that dust is able to get behind it, and it also scratches VERY easily. The film type don't protect it from bumps. The GGS glass is laminated, sort of like the windshield of your car, and is only 0.5mm thick. It leaves a slight gap between the glass and the actual LCD and is sealed all around with strong adhesive. It does not scratch easily at all, after 4 years it is just starting to show wear. It's so thin that you don't realize that its on there. I find it annoying when I pick up a camera with the snap on protector.

MartinCornwall

I use a CGS screen protector on the top and back LCD on my D7000. They are very thin and strong and you don't notice they are on there. The film ones do nothing against bump and the supplied plastic clip on ones are really only designed to protect the screens in transit.

Dave_W

The Dude
I also have the GGS. Not sure if it's better or worse in the protection dept but it sure is easier to see the LCD thru. And for Ryan, here's what I have - click HERE