D600 Dream lenses

jasom.wilmslow

Finally after several months of saving and going back and forth between a D600 and D800e, i have made up my mind on a D600 for taking photos of our little lady whom is due in May, along with travel photography when away from home working.

Now all i need is some help with lenses, i would like 2-3 high end lenses and have so far short listed these below, could anyone suggest something better than these before i purchase in a couple of weeks.

Any help & advise would be very much appreciated.

[h=1]Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G AF-S[/h][h=1]Nikon Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 II AF-S VR ED G[/h]

mr2_serious

Do you have a budget set?

I would get:
24-70 f2.8
85 f1.4
70-200 f2.8
And maybe a tilt shift 35mm

You will love the d600, I know I love mine.

- william - via tapatalk

Last edited:

jasom.wilmslow

To have most bases covered i like the sound of the set up listed below, although not sure if £2500 would cover that little lot?

24-70 f2.8
85 f1.4
70-200 f2.8

BackdoorArts

Is you D600 coming with the 24-85mm kit lens? If so, I find that lens to be plenty sharp and not in need of immediate replacement, so dumping money into the 24-70mm f2.8 may be something you wait on. And if you, I've seen many of the kit lenses for sale "as new" from folks who bought the D600 kit when it was on sale with the idea of selling off the lens, so you may be able to pick it up on the cheap.

I've not used the 85mm 1.4, but like Rick I own the 1.8 and can vouch that it is an excellent lens, and if the DXO rating is accurate then you may be better off with it and save some funds for the 70-200mm.

nikonpup

i got a d600 with the 2 kit lenses, 24-85mm and 70-300mm. For me they are fine. You must also budget for accessories which can get very pricey.

If we knew more about you and your camera experience it would be helpful.