wolfcamera closures to become ritz camera

patrick in memphis

hello everyone. wolfcamera here in the usa has been closing some of their stores ,merchandise sold cheaply. they are converting to a different ownership (ritz camera). my wife purchased 40 filters for my d3100 for a price of 2$ a lens plus a teleconverter and a fisheye...instore deals only so check your locals stores for deals...

Sandpatch

Ritz and Wolf are the same outfit I think. Ritz went through bankruptcy in 2009, emerged and again entered bankruptcy in September 2012. I think all stores will be sold or closed, but I'm not absolutely sure. I'm with Rick in that they are the last real camera store in my area and it was nice to shop at a place that had a knowledgable staff. I'll miss them. In fact, my wife bought her Nikon at our local Ritz store a few years ago. Best Buy and HH Gregg will hardly suffice. Cameras are just a commmodity there. :(

Last edited:

patrick in memphis

sometimes its supprising though were we find help.the salesman at my local bestbuy was a college photography instructor.he helped me narrow down what to buy initially. but i agree for the most part the lowest bidder gets the job (and thats not helpful) when it comes to most of these chain stores

Rick M

The ritz here was about a 1/2 mile from my house, was nice to have additional selection that the local independants don't have. I was in BB today and ran into a clerk retirement age that was into photography also, unfortunately, BB doesn't have top shelf lenses in the store here. All they stock is kit lenses or the basic 55-300 and a few low cost primes.

Mike150

Our Ritz closed 2 years ago. I had been in there on Saturday looking at a tripod but didn't get paid till Monday, so I waited. I went back Monday and they were closed and cleaned out. Nearest one to me now is 75 miles away