I'm the idiot of the day

Jeremy

Quick question. Hopefully I didn't cause any damage to my new camera. Calling me "noob" is an understatement.

While my lens was mounting and thinking I was on manual focus mode I forced the focus ring while in auto. There obviously was resistance (I thought normal) and the lens "clicked" while I was forcing it to turn. Could I have caused any damage to the camera and or lens??

thanks for any help

Sambr

Kind of hard to tell, you will find out soon enough. It's shouldn't of hurt it. Please don't do it again otherwise you will have an expensive repair bill.

BackdoorArts

If the autofocus is working then you haven't inflicted immediate damage. Whether or not you've added undue wear and tear on anything that might cause failure sooner than what would have happened otherwise is anyone's guess. If it's working now then you didn't "break it", and any future failure is just that. But's it's probably lost that new car smell, if you know what I mean?

Jeremy

Thanks for the replies all. The lens is the just kit lens (Costco package deal). Yes, that "new car" smell is definitely gone!! I guess now I can "drive it like I stole it".