Resurrection

burninbluesky

During my regular daily visit to Craigslist, I came across 2 adds for these diamonds in the rough.
Both claiming to be working with some accessories and both asking 50 bucks. Why not, worse
comes to worse, I can alway use them as props.

After meeting with the sellers, both cameras had their fair share of damage and mishaps. With
a little love and Doctor Frankensteinin' , I was able to bring one back to life. For now that is, with
10 years under the belt, its only a matter of time. Till then, I plan on using everyday till she
tells me enough. This was my first DSLR back in 2005 and I've measured every camera to this one
ever since. I simply love these cameras.

Trust me when I say Frankenstein, I mean I took apart both cameras and lenses to make one
good working unit. Did I say good, I mean GREAT. For 6.1 MP, it out does just about every
older model out there. 16477399171_f1c9824c9b_o.jpgDSC_0014.jpgDSC_0030.jpgDSC_0040.jpg

mikew_RIP

Welcome to the forum,my first DSLR was a D70 its just died on me,i have faith though if i let it rest for a few months it will get better :D

skater

Welcome! We still have my D70 that was my first DSLR, with somewhere north of 10,000 actuations. It still works well; my wife uses it sometimes.

Edit: I just looked - it's at least 18,000. I know, some of you probably have cameras with 50,000. :)

Last edited:

burninbluesky

I found my surrounded by Cherry Blossoms Trees in full bloom today, funny thing is that for 2 years I've worked with them at my front door step and never noticed them. Something about the smell caught my attention, it just made a stressful week at work melt away. DSC_0104B.jpgDSC_0129B-2.jpg