+ Reply to Thread
Page 612 of 612 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 6120
  1. #6111
    Senior Member
    Bikerbrent's Avatar

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedThrottle View Post
    That unfortunately means I must make the difficult decision on what camera needs to go, the D7500 or the D800 or both and which lenses also must go.
    Did you get an adapter to allow you to use your FX lens on the Z6? If so, I would keep the FX lenses. If you don't have the adapter, I would get one. I would also recommend that you keep the D7500 and Sigma C 150-600 lens for wild life photography as the extra reach of this body and lens combination would be nice to have.


    › See More: Post your latest purchases.
    Brent: Poway, CA
    D7200, D200, F100
    Tokina 12-24mm
    Nikon 18-200mm
    Tokina 28-70mm f2.6-2.8
    Nikon 80-200mm f2.8
    Sigma 150-600mm
    Nikon 50 AF f1.8
    Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro
    Nikon SB800



  2. #6112
    Senior Member

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbrent View Post
    Did you get an adapter to allow you to use your FX lens on the Z6? If so, I would keep the FX lenses. If you don't have the adapter, I would get one. I would also recommend that you keep the D7500 and Sigma C 150-600 lens for wild life photography as the extra reach of this body and lens combination would be nice to have.
    Thanks Brent. Yup, I got the FTZ adapter and am very impressed with the results I can get using any of my FX lens. Even the old screw drive lenses, if they're sharp lenses, they work well with this system. My only gripe is how the camera automatically chooses DX if you mount a DX lens. I have a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 DX lens thats a perfect 16mm prime on my D800 shot in FX mode. But as soon as you mount it on the Z6, there is no way to over ride the camera to force it to shoot in FX mode like I could on the D800. My other wide angle lens is the V1 Tamron 15-30 f2.8 but it doesn't focus using the FTZ adapter. Very pleased with the Z6 though and will just have to start saving my pennies for a new wide lens.
    Camera- Z6, D800, D7500, D40x
    Zoom Lenses-
    Z- 24-70 f4
    DX- Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Sigma A 18-35 f1.8, Nikon 18-140 f3.5-5.6
    FX- Tamron 15-30 f2.8, Nikon 35-70 f2.8, Nikon 80-200 f2.8, Nikon 24-120 f4, Nikon AF-P 70-300 f4.5-5.6 Sigma C 150-600 f5-6.3
    Prime Lenses- Nikon 50 f1.8g, Tamron 85 f1.8, Tokina 100 f2.8, Rokinon HD 8 f3.5

  3. #6113
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedThrottle View Post
    Thanks Brent. Yup, I got the FTZ adapter and am very impressed with the results I can get using any of my FX lens. Even the old screw drive lenses, if they're sharp lenses, they work well with this system. My only gripe is how the camera automatically chooses DX if you mount a DX lens. I have a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 DX lens thats a perfect 16mm prime on my D800 shot in FX mode. But as soon as you mount it on the Z6, there is no way to over ride the camera to force it to shoot in FX mode like I could on the D800. My other wide angle lens is the V1 Tamron 15-30 f2.8 but it doesn't focus using the FTZ adapter. Very pleased with the Z6 though and will just have to start saving my pennies for a new wide lens.
    Are you considering a mirrorless lens or a DSLR lens? I've been following some real estate photographers - one of them named Nathan Cool recommends this Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 lens. Considering its price for a fast lens (regularly $699 but on sale for $599), it looks to be pretty darned good. However, I don't know if Tokina lenses are compatible with the mirrorless adapter.

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._f_2_8_ff.html
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    My 2021 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  4. #6114
    Senior Member
    Bikerbrent's Avatar

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedThrottle View Post
    Thanks Brent. Yup, I got the FTZ adapter and am very impressed with the results I can get using any of my FX lens. Even the old screw drive lenses, if they're sharp lenses, they work well with this system. My only gripe is how the camera automatically chooses DX if you mount a DX lens. I have a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 DX lens thats a perfect 16mm prime on my D800 shot in FX mode. But as soon as you mount it on the Z6, there is no way to over ride the camera to force it to shoot in FX mode like I could on the D800. My other wide angle lens is the V1 Tamron 15-30 f2.8 but it doesn't focus using the FTZ adapter. Very pleased with the Z6 though and will just have to start saving my pennies for a new wide lens.

    Have you contacted Tamron to see why the 15-30 is not working with the FTZ adapter? Perhaps it just needs an update to operate correctly.
    Brent: Poway, CA
    D7200, D200, F100
    Tokina 12-24mm
    Nikon 18-200mm
    Tokina 28-70mm f2.6-2.8
    Nikon 80-200mm f2.8
    Sigma 150-600mm
    Nikon 50 AF f1.8
    Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro
    Nikon SB800

  5. #6115
    Senior Member
    FredKingston's Avatar

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    Are you considering a mirrorless lens or a DSLR lens? I've been following some real estate photographers - one of them named Nathan Cool recommends this Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 lens. Considering its price for a fast lens (regularly $699 but on sale for $599), it looks to be pretty darned good. However, I don't know if Tokina lenses are compatible with the mirrorless adapter.

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._f_2_8_ff.html

    Why would it NOT be? Tokina's Nikon mount is strictly a mechanical/electrical connection. It doesn't use internal software like Tamron or Sigma. IOW, it appears to the adapter the same as any other Nikon F mount lens.

  6. #6116
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by FredKingston View Post
    Why would it NOT be? Tokina's Nikon mount is strictly a mechanical/electrical connection. It doesn't use internal software like Tamron or Sigma. IOW, it appears to the adapter the same as any other Nikon F mount lens.
    Because he mentioned his Tamron won't focus with the adapter....
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    My 2021 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  7. #6117
    Senior Member
    FredKingston's Avatar

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    I sent Tokina an email... Tokina, in case you're not aware is head and shoulders in quality above anything Tamron makes... JMHO

  8. #6118
    Senior Member

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    There are charts all over the internet stating which lenses work and which dont work with the FTZ adapter. The Tamron lens I have is the V1. They (Nikon) killed off the V1 lenses for use on the mirrorless system so they (Tamron) came out with the V2. You need the V2, the one with the ability to update via the tap in console to use properly with the FTZ (autofocus). My Tamron 85mm 1.8 works as it should, it has the ability to receive updates via the tap in console. I have 2 Tokina lenses, and both are spectacular. The problem lies with the FTZ adapter and or the firmware. My Tokina 100mm is screwdrive, therefore is manual focus only (still awesome to use on the Z because of the focus peaking and added in body stabilization, albeit sans AF due to the lack of a pass through drive gear that should have been included in the FTZ adapter). The 11-16 gets automatically cropped and that was a bit of a shock to me. With the Z6 camera, that lens is essentially useless to me now. I didnt see anywhere in the past year in looking into the Z's the crop was automatic. I assumed it was the same as my only other full frame camera where you could choose to force it to shoot full frame with a crop lens, showing the crops vignette if the image circle wasnt big enough, but there are many lenses including zooms where the end of the zoom, the image circle is not cropped. I really wanted to use that for my wide lens since its small, light weight and compliments the feel of the Z, the 24-70 F4 and 70-300. On FX, it's a 16mm f2.8 prime, but not with the auto crop. The Tokina 16-28 is a beast of a lens, just as big as the Tamron but without stabilization, which is why I chose the Tamron when I did. Bottom line, everything has plusses and minuses. If I had this issue in the Z7, I could live with it since DX crop is still 20mp, but 10mp on the z6? Not gonna happen. Not complaining, was just unaware of the limitations of a specific need. I am overall very happy with the Z6.

    EDIT:
    Just tried the Tamron again and it works better than the first try. It will autofocus with limitations. I upgraded to the latest firmware just released for the Z6 after trying the AF compatibility the first time but I don't know if that's what helped or if I was just in the wrong settings to get the right results the first time. I've run some tests around the house and in my experience, the Tamron 15-30 SP V1 will AF as long as the pick box is small. Pin point is best followed by single point. I tried wide small and that works too if the subject is big enough. As the pick box increases in size, its given too many choices to focus on and goes on a MAJOR hunting frenzy, racking back and forth and even doing some electrical buzzing and flashing the ISO 4-5 stops higher than normal. If gone on too long, the camera throws a message on the screen, Error- press shutter release button. The shutter button resets the error and you are able to try again. Not ideal, not too bad either. I can always manual focus with it too. It'll be a good band aid until I come up with a better solution.
    Last edited by TwistedThrottle; 05-04-2021 at 05:10 AM.
    Thanks/Like FredKingston, hark Thanks/liked this post
     
    Camera- Z6, D800, D7500, D40x
    Zoom Lenses-
    Z- 24-70 f4
    DX- Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Sigma A 18-35 f1.8, Nikon 18-140 f3.5-5.6
    FX- Tamron 15-30 f2.8, Nikon 35-70 f2.8, Nikon 80-200 f2.8, Nikon 24-120 f4, Nikon AF-P 70-300 f4.5-5.6 Sigma C 150-600 f5-6.3
    Prime Lenses- Nikon 50 f1.8g, Tamron 85 f1.8, Tokina 100 f2.8, Rokinon HD 8 f3.5

  9. #6119
    Senior Member
    Challenge Team
    weebee's Avatar

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    Post your latest purchases.
    Bought another camera case...

    Post your latest purchases.-bronco.jpg


    2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend Edition.
    Thanks/Like Woodyg3 Thanks/liked this post
     
    ​Steve
    My cameras:
    Nikon D7100 with grip
    Nikon P900
    Nikon S3500
    Nikon FE
    Olympus OM-D-EM10
    Olympus OM-D- EM10 Mark II
    Olympus 14-42 EZ
    Sigma MFT 30mm
    Olympus 15mm
    Olympus 40-150mm
    Lenses:
    Nikon 18-140 f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
    Nikon 55-300 1:4-5.6 GED
    Nikon 70-210
    Nikon 35-70 1:3.3-4.5
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
    Sigma 150-600 C
    Tamron AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3

  10. #6120
    Senior Member
    FredKingston's Avatar

    Re: Post your latest purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by FredKingston View Post
    I sent Tokina an email... Tokina, in case you're not aware is head and shoulders in quality above anything Tamron makes... JMHO
    Tokina responded by sending me an Excel Compatibility spreadsheet with all their lenses listed with various camera makes/models

    https://tokinalens.com/download/docu...9b906780c.xlsx

    It has a sheet for the Nikons and a seperate sheet for the Z cameras, and the FTZ. According to the sheet, there are 2 versions of the 16-28mm F2.8.. A DX version and an FX version... Both autofocus with the FTZ.. There is a note that one lens, their Opera 50mm might be a bit slower in autofocus but that note doesn't apply to the other lenses.
    Thanks/Like Woodyg3, TwistedThrottle Thanks/liked this post
     





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Similar Threads

  1. General Photography
  2. General Photography
  3. General Photography
  4. General Photography
  5. General Photography

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •