Z5 screen pitch black in low light setting

vichah

Just got my Z5, with this Z5+ Z105 + godox ringflash setup. had my settings set at 1/125, F22, ISO 100 for dental photography, every works fine for autofocus mode. however in the manual focus mode, the screen and evf is pitch black as it seems like theres not enough light? However, with the exact same settings on canon r6, manual focus, the screen shows and things works just fine.
Please help me to solve this issue

BF Hammer

I suspect it will be solved in the setup menu. Three things come to my mind is focus-assist light (may only be a thing with autofocus), EVF (there is something that displays as being exposed or auto brightness), or maybe try auto-ISO on.

BF Hammer

Another thing to look for, but unsure if it's on the Z5: Modelling light. Some cameras have that available. A ring light attached could also be blocking a modeling light on camera body.

Clovishound

On my Z5, I get that black screen when I forget to turn the flash on. With the flash off the EVF gives a preview of what the scene would look like with the ambient light settings without flash. I'm using the Godox 685 shoe mounted flash.