Yongnuo YN622N kit problems

dieselnutjob

Hi
I bought a Yongnuo YN622N kit and I am struggling a bit with it.
I have a Nikon D750 and SB-700 speedlight.

Problem 1.
it says in the instructions that to go from manual to TTL I need to long press the GP/mode button on the transceiver and set it to orange for manual or green for TTL. I find that I can long press it to set the LED on the back to green, but after it's set to green it goes straight back to orange (maybe it's actually red)
Is the light supposed to stay on green after it's been set green?

Problem 2.
photos are coming out darker with the speedlight on the Yongnuo than they do mounted directly on the D750.
The specific scenario I tried is to set spot metering and focus on a painting on the wall in a dark room.
I can get the "BL" mode to go away in spot metering (by turning the transmitter off and on) but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm aware that on the D750 it's necessary to wiggle the transmitter in the hot show until the lock pin goes in because slid all the way in is actually too deep.
The flash is picking up focal length and adjusting it as a I zoom so at least some of the advanced stuff is working.

Any help gratefully received, thanks.

Needa

Challenge Team
Know nothing about your controllers but maybe take a look at this video.

Last edited:

dieselnutjob

there is another weird thing.
With the transmitter attached I get a red box showing me what the camera is focusing on (as normal) but the focusing area is also full of faint vertical and horizontal red lines in a or sort of chequeplate pattern.

dieselnutjob

The read lines I mention above are a complete red herring and a very silly mistake on my part. The transmitter has a focus assist pattern that it's shining on the subject area and that's what I'm seeing through the viewfinder. How silly of me.

Needa

Challenge Team
The read lines I mention above are a complete red herring and a very silly mistake on my part. The transmitter has a focus assist pattern that it's shining on the subject area and that's what I'm seeing through the viewfinder. How silly of me.
Glad you were able to sort that. Just a thought but with the difference of output have you tried to reset the transmitter to be sure ther is no compensation dialed in there?