Yes/No: LCD screen protector?

RocketCowboy

The D7100 has one of those flip up screens doesn't it? I wouldn't consider that a risk of being scratched. I wouldn't bother with a protector for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

No, the D7100 is a fixed/stationary screen like the D8xx/D6xx. It was the D5xxx that started with the articulating screens, then the D750 and D500.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daz

I had the D7100 and it didnt come with a protector so I brought a little screen protector, My 600 camer with the plastic thingy an I lost it so I added a screen protector film ...

My D500 cant have a plastic protector so I am going to add a screen protector. :)

weebee

I can never get the bubbles out so i dont bother

I know the plastic ones were all but impossible to install without leaving bubbles in them. That's why I tried the glass ones. They go on easy. And don't trap air. The first one I applied I didn't line up well.So after a few days I removed it and reinstalled it. I don't know what adhesive they use. But the screen protector came off with no problem. And no glue residue. I figure these go in the same category as using lenses filters as protection for the lenses element. Cheap insurance that you hope you'll never need.