Which one?

I was shooting waterfalls a couple of days ago and this rock outcropping was out on the edge of the waterfall in the middle of the stream. I did three versions. I am not sure which one I like though. They all have points I like and points I don't.

Here are the three. Which one do you like if you even like any of them .

750_1072-edit_nikon_d750_120_mm_1-8_sec_at_f_-_22_iso_100.jpg

750_1070_nikon_d750_92_mm_1-8_sec_at_f_-_22_iso_100.jpg

750_1080_nikon_d750_55_mm_1-750_sec_at_f_-_4.0_iso_220.jpg

mikew_RIP

You watch i will be the odd one out:D its the last one for me as the amount of blur you have on the first two needs more of the whole scene in it for me to tell the story,

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I like some of each shot, but I think it is number 2 is the one for me. I would like to see it cropped just above the rock to make the rock the main focus of the shot. I did it by scrolling down so the top of the picture was out of view on my monitor. Ha!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
You watch i will be the odd one out:D its the last one for me as the amount of blur you have on the first two needs more of the whole scene in it for me to tell the story,

As Mike said, I too would have liked seeing more of the falls but with the rock moved to the upper right of the frame following the rule of thirds. That said, I'll be the odd one out...none of them quite make it for me. I kind of like the first one, but it is too dark. I prefer the exposure of the second much better.

Skwaz

Prob No2 , if the detail in the rock of shot 3 was in shot 2 that would be nailed on
we're these hand held cos 1 and 2 just look a tad off

nikonpup

#3 i like the look of the raw force of the water working on the rock and plant. I might have gone with #1 w/o the long exposure.