What has disappointed you?

Peter7100

those damn birds wont fly at me nice and slow.

i was looking at the tamron 18-400 instead of my 70-300 nikon as my walk about lens, so thanks Peter, more research needed there.

Roy, my friend has the Nikon Af-P 70-300 and after trying it when I still had the Tamron 18-400, in my opinion the Nikon was much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
those damn birds wont fly at me nice and slow.

i was looking at the tamron 18-400 instead of my 70-300 nikon as my walk about lens, so thanks Peter, more research needed there.

If your Nikon 70-300mm lens is the FX VR version (not the P), I have it. It is a good lens. The Nikon 80-400mmG has an f/4.5-5.6 variable aperture but is quick. The older AF-D model isn't nearly as fast. Keh.com had a bargain copy listed for just under $1k but looks to be sold now. This lens definitely has some weight coming in at 3.45 pounds, but is an amazing lens. New costs over $2k though.

There really aren't many good options for all-in-one zooms. :( A 70-200mm f/4 VR zoom coupled with a 1.4x TC gives a comparable focal length up to 280mm. That is also a very good lens even when paired with the TC.

Peter7100

My Nikon D600. It had the oil spot issue and went in 3x for repair. Each time I'd get it back, I took a test shot against a white piece of paper. Oil and dust spots all over the sensor with the very first image. I will say they did an amazing job calibrating the AF. It was...shall I say...spot on. :beguiled:

I am guessing the D600 might be the favourite for Nikon's biggest disaster:confused:

In the end what happened to your spotty body? ;)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I am guessing the D600 might be the favourite for Nikon's biggest disaster:confused:

In the end what happened to your spotty body? ;)

The repair center is located in New York, and New York has a 3-strikes law type of lemon law. I'd have to look up the specific name, but I told Nikon based on how unacceptable the repairs were along with mentioning the name of the law, I insisted on a refund. I'm probably the only one who received a refund check. Nikon kept the D600. Eventually I wound up buying a D610 which is much better. Nikon was offering an exchange for a new D610, but at that time, I needed to spend time deciding what I wanted to do as I wasn't sure I wanted it. And I still have it and use it occasionally. ;)