This memory card cannot be used card may be damaged

mareinho8

Hello,

today i got a problem with my D5300.. :(
I got the message:
This memory card cannot be used card may be damaged

I tried to format my card on laptop, but the message is still the same..
Also i tried to put in different SD cards, with different adapters but the message still the same..

What else can i do?
Anybody else with this mistake and how did you solved it?

Thanks for help, very grateful.

Have a nice day.

mareinho8

Hi Marilynne,

thanks for the answer.

When i have this message i cannot format SD card as the camera does'nt even recognize it...

However i figure it out that it can be a mechanical problem...

I've tried to lean the SD card a little bit to the left and then the camera recognize it..

I think i should send the camera to the servis.. hope this wont cost much...

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Marilynne,

thanks for the answer.

When i have this message i cannot format SD card as the camera does'nt even recognize it...

However i figure it out that it can be a mechanical problem...

I've tried to lean the SD card a little bit to the left and then the camera recognize it..

I think i should send the camera to the servis.. hope this wont cost much...
Good luck! Please let us know the outcome.

Also, please feel free to introduce yourself here - https://nikonites.com/forum/forums/new-member-introductions.35/post-thread

Needa

Challenge Team
Sound like a damaged or dirty contact in the camera. Try looking in the card slot to see if you can see any damage. If your are adventurous you probably can find a video on how to clean and reform the contacts. If you attempt this be advised the contacts are fragile and you can cause additional damage. Good Luck.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard mareinho8, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Danno

I ran into this when helping a friend. She had any compatible card. Just as a last effort I went to the manual and the card she had was not in the list. I got a card from the list. it started working. I was surprised to say the least.