This is either a scam or it is stolen

Mfrankfort

When I sold my phone on ebay, it was insane how many fake e-mails I got asking if I would take like 600, 700$ when I was asking 300. They all were the same. Some guy asking me to send the phone immediately, and that he already paid me. It was always the same story "It's for my daughter... uncle.. brother.. as a gift". Obviously none of them paid me. They all wanted me to end the auction early and send it before payment went through. lol. It sounds like something similar, but reverse order.

crycocyon

So an update.

On the 12th the guy finally emails me in reply to my request for images of the camera:

I have a business to run, lets cancel the transaction, Someone else is prepared to buy it.

I will send you a request on paypal, must be paid by 12:00AM Sat

Which is a violation of Ebay policy. Once the item is sold he can't go ahead and sell it to someone else, even if I didn't pay yet.

And the seller finally identified himself:

One Stop Camera and Electronics
1100 Coney Island Ave
(between Glenwood Rd & Avenue H)
Brooklyn, NY 11230
347-210-5089

Although I didn't try to call the number. But maybe ebay looked into this guy because today I got another message (hadn't checked my ebay before today) this time from Ebay itself:

MC015 Security notice: eBay listing removed
rtCurve.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
Hello (ebay ID),

We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:

251257578813 - Nikon D3x 24.5 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only)

We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. In some cases, the item itself is fine, but was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.

Here's what you can do next:

-- If you already paid, received your item, and you're satisfied, please disregard this notice.
-- If you won the item but haven't paid, don't pay. Since eBay removed the listing, you're no longer obligated to go through with the transaction.
-- If you already paid for this item through eBay, and it's past the estimated delivery time, you can open a case in our Resolution Center. Click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process of opening a case.
Resolution Center - eBay

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly discourage you from accepting the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and aren't covered by eBay buyer protection programs.

If you didn't pay through eBay or PayPal, and:
-- You paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
-- You paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.

Thanks,

eBay

So I guess that is that. Nothing gained, nothing lost. Although I did learn more about the process in relationship to this kind of thing.

AC016

lol, hope people watch where they step when they are around this guy! So much BS! I looked at the website and that number he gave you is bogus. Further, they have an 800#. Also, why on earth would a website-store list just one item on ebay and there is no other trace of previous history? If you look at the D3s they have for sale, they are all in the thousands of dollars. No doubt he will try this again.

carguy

My guess, they messed up the listing and let it go too cheap and have sellers remorse.

I have never heard of a seller being able to pull his/her listing AFTER a successful bid has closed the listing, ever. Once the item sells, the seller is obligated to sell it to the high bidder, if they sell it out from under them they are open to the 'punishment' related to violating the ebay rules and policies and open them selves up for negative feedback (which I would still try to leave at this point).

I am not able to review the ebay guidelines from work to verify as they are blocked.

The whole thing stinks from start to finish. I'm glad you saw it through, never know until it's done :D

FulThrotl

So an update.

So I guess that is that. Nothing gained, nothing lost.
Although I did learn more about the process in relationship to this kind of thing.

well, the ebay account is closed.

===================
No longer a registered user

Views: 39 total

Items for sale
Add to favorite sellers
Contact member
===========================

here's the storefront....

the back story on "brooklyn camera dealers" can be found here...
it's a good read....

Brooklyn Camera/Electronic Dealer StoreFronts

after reading that, WHENEVER a camera store comes up in brooklyn, ny,
my BS filter clogs, and i look closely before doing anything with them.

by the way, your camera store came up #1 on the page... one of the biggest flim flams....

DEALER NOTES: photos of these locations at http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/
Resellerratings.com has reviews here, here, here, here and here
Better Business Bureau -- more than 300 complaints, here

Last edited: