Strange, Rude Lady Yesterday

Woodyg3

Contributor
I was on the bank of a local lake trying to be quiet and not bother a Snowy Egret I was photographing. Maybe 50 yards away a lady yelled something that I didn't hear. A few seconds later she yelled "hey, you! I asked you a question. What are you looking at? What is that bird? TELL ME!" I answered, trying not to be too loud, then turned my back to her and focused on the bird. Later I had to laugh. What a strange encounter!

Bikerbrent

Yes, very strange Woodyg3. A little conversation with her might help problems in the future. Did you get any good photos of the Snowy Egret? If so, I would like to see them.

Dawg Pics

At least it was a Snowy Egret and not some rare bird in the area that she almost scared off. That would be my luck. Rare bird flies off into the horizon as strange lady demands to know what bird was swimming in the lake, then I must post blurry 'Almost' image in appropriate thread.

wev

Contributor
I was concentrating on an Anna's hummer at the Arb, waiting for the head turn and gorget flash. A guy came up, unheard, right behind me and in a loud voice said "Watcha looking at?" I jumped a foot and the hummer went elsewhere. I was very tempted to show him how refreshing a dip in the creek would be, but just walked away.

Sandpatch

A few weeks ago I was standing near a rural railroad crossing and unbeknownst to me, a passing motorist phoned the railroad. I suppose my presence was somehow cause for alarm. A railroad vehicle pulled in and parked, but there was no conversation. The railroad employee likely saw no need for concern upon seeing a graybeard with a Nikon standing in a safe place. I packed it in and went home without a picture. I've been shooting railroad images for nearly 50 years and have had my share of encounters, but they're more frequent today.

Clovishound

I was at the Magnolia Audubon Swamp Garden yesterday, shooting some herons. A couple of trams full of school kids came down the trail. I had to move off the trail to let them by. The kids were excited, but mostly well behaved. One of the teachers apologized for disturbing my shoot. I told her it goes with the territory there. I was glad to see the kids were given a chance to see some wildlife in a mostly natural setting. I often have to stop, or move when the maintenance crews come by in four wheelers.

One of the herons had something to say about the disturbances.

_DAB9332-DeNoiseAI-low-light.jpg

I would translate what he said, but my heron isn't that good. I did catch enough to know it probably would break the forums rules to post it.

fltsfshr

I would have told her it was a Pilleated Picaroon and very rare!
Then she would have told all her friends that' "I saw a Pilleated Picaroon today. Very rare bird."