Primes or Zoom Lenses

GeorgeTP

Hey all! I am purchasing the Z6ii very soon and wanted to ask which lenses are ideal for wedding photography. Was thinking of getting the z 24-70 2.8 s as I'd like a bit more versatility. Or 1-2 primes at 1.8 would suffice?

P.S I'm a second shooter and have shot with the 35mm 1.8 thus far

WaltE

Last wedding I did started with meeting with the bride and groom and finding out what they wanted. From there I went to the rehearsal and talked with the Priest to see what conditions he wanted met. Next I did test shots to determine lighting conditions and such. Then I sat down with the other photographer and we made a plan regarding who would cover what. Only then could I make a decision on the lenses I needed to bring. Due to constraints in positioning I did use zoom lenses.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
A 24-70mm f/2.8 would be more versatile and prevent having to change lenses so frequently. Just make sure to keep your lens choices to f/2.8 or larger apertures because you will need those in low light. Once the reception starts, that will be a good time to use your 35mm f/1.8. It's lighter in weight and a little faster in the low light.