Post YOUR rides

BLR

When wondering the desert. IMG_20171220_173910_744.jpg

sent from BLR Logistics

crashton

Those are aftermarket wheels. I really disliked the oem 18 inch Detroit wheels that came on my GTI. A guy offered to buy them & the tires at a good price. So I jumped at the deal & ordered these 17 inch wheels & Conti tires from Tire Rack.com. I know all the cool kids want to run 19's with no sidewall tires, but I'm an old guy who drives on real roads with potholes & speed bumps so the extra sidewall height comes in handy. ;)

One other thing, these wheels are 9 pounds lighter than the oem wheels.

Last edited:

crashton

I love a good track day, but I'm not a fan of ovals or rovals. I'll take Mid-Ohio. That's a nice Momo wheel your holding. :encouragement:

singlerosa_RIP

I love a good track day, but I'm not a fan of ovals or rovals. I'll take Mid-Ohio. That's a nice Momo wheel your holding. :encouragement:

We have a roval here in the metro STL area - Gateway Motorsports Park. While the track itself isn't as nice as others in the midwest, the facilities are first class. And, it's close. We rent it out 3 times per year for PCA DE's. I spend most of my time these days photographing the event vs participating.

I put the Momo wheel on almost 20 years ago. It's the only mod to the cars other than removing the sun visors, which always seemed to be in the way.

nikonpup

2 -2 many years ago i worked on a yacht being built for the owner of "momo". On one of his many visits to view his yacht he brought over a custom wheel for it. Funny how a word can trigger memories.