Post your latest purchases.

Danno

Just bought the Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens. Great rebate on it right now. I told my wife about it and that we could not really afford it right now but she insisted that we could and that it was to good a deal to pass up.

Will be here on Saturday.

It is nice to have your wife support you like that. That is exactly what my wife Pat did when that deal for the referb D7200 one day sale last December was announced. Congratulations!

weebee

My 7 year old machine is getting troublesome. Time to get something a bit more advanced. Anyone with sleep apnea can appreciate.

9595.jpg

F & F2 Man

For my Fuji X100T
Vented 49mm Hood
Konica X24 Flash (was hoping it work on my Nikon FM2n, but the back 2 contact pins made the hot-shoe fit TOO TIGHT)
...But, it works fine on my Fuji X100T. Go figure?

!CEWypnwB2k-$(KGrHqUOKo4E0WBDB9G2BNRl3VrbD!--_12.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Danno

My 7 year old machine is getting troublesome. Time to get something a bit more advanced. Anyone with sleep apnea can appreciate.

View attachment 203235
Left my power supply in a hotel after a business trip. Slept sitting up fo two days. No fun.
For my Fuji X100T
Vented 49mm Hood
Konica X24 Flash (was hoping it work on my Nikon FM2n, but the back 2 contact pins made the hot-shoe fit TOO TIGHT)
...But, it works fine on my Fuji X100T. Go figure?

View attachment 203322View attachment 203323

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Fortkentdad

200-500-0001.jpg

Retired my Tammy 200-400 and Nikon Corp. get's my tax refund this year in exchange for this 200-500 F5.6.

Just learning to shoot with it - twice the lens of my old Tammy (and 5 times the price).

Even the filter came in at $200 (I got the Nikon one - which turned out the be the lowest priced one in these parts).

Had an old hard body case (in the background in the image) that holds it just ticky boo - can even put the lens with camera attached to it.

I didn't get the T.C. - yet. Anyone shooting this lens with a D610? I've looked and for a few hundred more than the TC I can get a refurbished 7100 which is probably a better option to go to 750 vs the 1.4 TC and I keep the 5.6 speed. And get another body to play with.

Still learning to use this lens - took it for a walk about the neighbourhood today and accidentally got a BIF -when shooting the only birds I saw - some sparrows in their bird-condo. This shot is cropped a lot.

sparrows BIF -DSC_7617-0001.jpg

Danno

View attachment 203432

Retired my Tammy 200-400 and Nikon Corp. get's my tax refund this year in exchange for this 200-500 F5.6.

Just learning to shoot with it - twice the lens of my old Tammy (and 5 times the price).

Even the filter came in at $200 (I got the Nikon one - which turned out the be the lowest priced one in these parts).

Had an old hard body case (in the background in the image) that holds it just ticky boo - can even put the lens with camera attached to it.

I didn't get the T.C. - yet. Anyone shooting this lens with a D610? I've looked and for a few hundred more than the TC I can get a refurbished 7100 which is probably a better option to go to 750 vs the 1.4 TC and I keep the 5.6 speed. And get another body to play with.

Still learning to use this lens - took it for a walk about the neighbourhood today and accidentally got a BIF -when shooting the only birds I saw - some sparrows in their bird-condo. This shot is cropped a lot.

View attachment 203436
I got mine this week and am useing it on my D7200. Amazing lens, but I am just learning to use it too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

kkchan

DSC_0001-2.jpgDSC_0002-2.jpgDSC_0003-2.jpg

Bought this Type K lens off from ebay, was thinking to return it because doesn't fit on my cameras, but now I have decided to keep it and send it out for a conversion.

RobV

I bought a refurbished D5300 from Adorama with the kit lens for $449. I thought it was a pretty good price. It only has a little over 200 actuations on it, and is very clean.
I miss the D610 that I had to sell, but I am hopelessly hooked on having a decent camera.
I know the GPS is not supposed to be accurate, but I'll see. That, the pivoting display (I really missed that while shooting pictures of the moon with the D610) and the affordable price had me hooked. And the FX telephotos that I did not sell are now that much more powerful.
I enjoyed having the built-in focus motor, and the 2nd control dial, but for my level of expertise (low), I will do OK.
The 610 was real heavy, compared to the D5200 that I started with, and gave to my step-son for Christmas. I don't mind that "mistake", it put a HUGE smile on his face!
I considered getting just a D5300 body for less than $400, but I wasn't sure when I would be able to come up with the money for the 35mm lens. At least this way, I can take pictures.
I'm just glad to be back.

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I bought a refurbished D5300 from Adorama with the kit lens for $449. I thought it was a pretty good price. It only has a little over 200 actuations on it, and is very clean.

I know the GPS is not supposed to be accurate, but I'll see.

For the GPS to work to it's fullest capabilities, you need to update the GPS software every month or so. I have only used the GPS on the camera a few times, but it worked OK. If you do a search on the D5300 subforum here, there is a link to where to get the GPS file update from Nikon and how to install it.

RobV

@RobV Here is the Nikon GPS update software. Find it HERE

Already done! Ha! ( ;) )

edit: Now I just have to figure out how to use the data to my advantage.
I know my first experience with a GPSr (geocaching) was VERY rough!

But I really liked geotagging photos on Pbase, which is what got me hooked on the concept. I just didn't want a big piece of gear on my hotshoe.

Last edited:

carguy

Well... I had a bitter sweet day. On my 366 post are the last pictures of my bike. but here is what I bought with some of the profits. Pictures will follow. I am exhausted. Have to rest...

Only the two gold boxes... I did not bother to stage the shot... I went to Lexington, about 1 hour away to buy the stuff today, and tried them out. I am very excited about both. Pictures will come, but I need to rest...
Very nice setup right there :)

Frozen_Moments

and these items for the flash...

[h=1]Panasonic BQ-CC16 eneloop Battery Charge[/h][h=1]Panasonic Eneloop Pro upto 2550mAh 4xAA Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery[/h]
61BDfYUenyL._SL1500_.jpg5190aQ6tAPL.jpg