Fireworks   6-11-21 copy.jpg

Fireworks   6-11-21 copy6.jpg

Fireworks   6-11-21 copy5.jpg

Fireworks   6-11-21 copy3.jpg

Fireworks   6-11-21 copy2.jpg

Fireworks   6-11-21 copy1.jpg

Fireworks   6-11-21 copy7.jpg

bluzman

Hi bluzman, had problems loading these up, and for some reason no data, don’t know why?
Nikon D7200, Sigma 10-20mmn @10mm, f/8, 8 secs,
Thanks for the information. I have that lens as well so maybe I'll give it a try on the 4th of July next year. BTW, great series. :)

desmobob

We watched the fireworks from a boat this year, so there was no way for me to do a long exposure and get multiple bursts. I did get one shot we all enjoyed as it captured the upraised hand of one of the group who is known for enthusiastically raising her hands up over her head...

_RJS4861_07-03-22_509_RJS4861.jpg
-- Nikon D750, AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G --

blackstar

We watched the fireworks from a boat this year, so there was no way for me to do a long exposure and get multiple bursts. I did get one shot we all enjoyed as it captured the upraised hand of one of the group who is known for enthusiastically raising her hands up over her head...

View attachment 377598
-- Nikon D750, AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G --

Will it look better if you remove the hand? Just wonder.

TwistedThrottle

Thanks @blackstar
It's a guessing game. The idea is to set the base ISO, use a small aperture and then trigger bulb mode with a remote. The remote takes away the need to set a shutter speed time and you can just keep the exposure going until you want it to stop. The smaller the aperture, the longer the exposure has to be, OR, the brighter the fireworks have to be. I had to play around with it but it seems most of the shots I liked are f18-f22 and 20-45 seconds. To capture one firework, a good starting point might be f8, 5 seconds using the remote to start the exposure when the firework is launched and ending the exposure before the next one is launched. Getting multiple fireworks means increasing time which means you need to decrease light to the sensor by going with a smaller aperture. The finale is very bright and lasts a long time and needs the smallest aperture or maybe use a neutral density filter. Of course, each firework show is different so its hard to make a rule to follow but it was fun trying different things.

blackstar

Thanks @blackstar
It's a guessing game. The idea is to set the base ISO, use a small aperture and then trigger bulb mode with a remote. The remote takes away the need to set a shutter speed time and you can just keep the exposure going until you want it to stop. The smaller the aperture, the longer the exposure has to be, OR, the brighter the fireworks have to be. I had to play around with it but it seems most of the shots I liked are f18-f22 and 20-45 seconds. To capture one firework, a good starting point might be f8, 5 seconds using the remote to start the exposure when the firework is launched and ending the exposure before the next one is launched. Getting multiple fireworks means increasing time which means you need to decrease light to the sensor by going with a smaller aperture. The finale is very bright and lasts a long time and needs the smallest aperture or maybe use a neutral density filter. Of course, each firework show is different so its hard to make a rule to follow but it was fun trying different things.
Thanks, TT. I never thought about and used bulb mode before. Now it makes all sense thanks to your practical implementation and insightful explanation for learning. Really appreciate.