Nikonites has installed a new security feature for your images!!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
It is working in my thread but not in the galllery yet John. No matter if it be the thumbnail or the large version .

You don't have the setting enabled :) I didn't code it to work on the thumbnails. If needed I can probably figure it out, but I didn't think it would be necessary.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Also, can it be assumed that if you don't want your images edited by others that you would also want this feature enabled? Can they be one in the same?

Tami Jo

You don't have the setting enabled :) I didn't code it to work on the thumbnails. If needed I can probably figure it out, but I didn't think it would be necessary.

What am I missing? Is there a seperate setting for the gallery I missed?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Tami Jo

Also, can it be assumed that if you don't want your images edited by others that you would also want this feature enabled? Can they be one in the same?

I would think they could be combined. However I just turned the editing off thinking that would disable sharing in other areas. Maybe there could be a default setting with over ride? That way editting could be allowed on select posts,,,,

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

WhiteLight

Hey John!

do you think it would be possible to allow members to download their own pics?? :p
feels kinda funny when i try to download my pic from my thread & it says need permissions :)
i don't upload anywhere else and if i want to send a pic to someone i head over here, download & email them...
no worries if it's not possible.. i can always change the settings, download a pic & turn it back on...

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Does it smell? :p

Indeed!

Hey John!

do you think it would be possible to allow members to download their own pics?? :p
feels kinda funny when i try to download my pic from my thread & it says need permissions :)
i don't upload anywhere else and if i want to send a pic to someone i head over here, download & email them...
no worries if it's not possible.. i can always change the settings, download a pic & turn it back on...

It is possible, but this may confuse some members. If this is turned on, but a member doesn't see it in action then they won't think it is working. I'm not sure that we want to make it more complicated than it has to be. Besides, if you want to get the URL of the image, you could just look at the source.

WhiteLight

It is possible, but this may confuse some members. If this is turned on, but a member doesn't see it in action then they won't think it is working. I'm not sure that we want to make it more complicated than it has to be. Besides, if you want to get the URL of the image, you could just look at the source.

Understand.. Perhaps we can let everyone know that i works only when they not logged in?
Anyway, whatever you think is best.. Thanks!