Nikon F2 - viewfinder display problem?

L_johnsilver

[FONT=&quot]Hey guys,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I got an F2 recently fitted with a DP-2.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My problem is that the shutter speeds don't show properly in the viewfinder. When I set the speeds to the exact click stops on the dial, the numbers in the finder are never straight and not in the middle, only when I turn to half stops they move into the right place inside the little square. I took off the finder to see if I could line it up properly but I had no success so far, every time I put it back the same thing happens. Perhaps I should unscrew something underneath the ISO dial and then try to move the dial to the right place but I don't want to mess with it unless I know what I am doing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any suggestions?[/FONT]

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride.
We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

Hopefully we have some F2 experts still among us.

L_johnsilver

Thanks for your kind responses, I got some good advice on another forum already, I will do a thorough test next week to see if I should send the camera back to the seller or not.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Please let us know the outcome of your tests in case someone else has the same problem.

L_johnsilver

Just an update,
a member on another forum suggested to check the meter for accuracy against my other cameras and indeed it was off, so at the end I decided the best thing to do is to send the camera back to the seller.