Greggoram

Hi everyone

I'm Gregg from Etwall in Derbyshire. Is there any equestrian photographers out there that can give me a little advice please?
Out door showjumping my photos are perfect but today I've done dressage indoors where its quite bright but not as bright as the outdoors. I'm shooting with a nikon D7200 with a Tamron 200mm lens. What are the best settings as today there not sharp and some are quite blurred. Any advise would be a massive help.

Thank you

Needa

Challenge Team
Welcome.
If you post an example I'm sure someone can be of help. Generally faster shutter speed is need for less blur but that may require an higher ISO or a fast lens.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.

Woodyg3

Contributor
It would help if you posted one or two of your pictures with the settings you used. Indoor venues can vary quite a bit in terms of available light. For running horses I would probably want 1/1000 of a second or faster if at all possible. You will probably need to live with some high ISO settings and the resulting noise. Noise is better than motion blur, because you can at least do something about noise when processing the images on your computer. With practice, you can learn to pan the camera with the subject, and this will lessen blur, as well.

Welcome!

Clovishound

Welcome. Hope this forum serves you well to grow in photography. I can't help you much with your niche of interest. This is pretty much the extent of my recent equestrian photography.

_DAB4985.jpg

Dawg Pics

Indoor shots were blurred, not just soft from lower light? Did your shutter speed drop too low for the focal length you were using?
Please post an image with your settings, so we can see what might be happening.