Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New media
New media comments
New profile posts
Latest activity
Media
New media
New comments
Search media
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Nikonites
New Member Introductions
New Member, New Nikon Owner
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="RPulley" data-source="post: 848271" data-attributes="member: 71642"><p>Thx.</p><p></p><p>Yes, the D850 is quite the beast. About the same weight as my K-1 was, taller and wider, definitely noisier in standard mode but the Pentax was thicker, perhaps due to the IBIS mechanism.</p><p></p><p>The speed of operation, especially autofocus, is what I notice the most so far, and, while I am sure that with time I will get used to the Nikon user interface, Pentax was really good and UI and so far, the Nikon UI feels like they stuffed as many buttons on the body as they could fit and yet buried many not so well described settings in menu after menu (even with a 400 page user manual...).</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="RPulley, post: 848271, member: 71642"] Thx. Yes, the D850 is quite the beast. About the same weight as my K-1 was, taller and wider, definitely noisier in standard mode but the Pentax was thicker, perhaps due to the IBIS mechanism. The speed of operation, especially autofocus, is what I notice the most so far, and, while I am sure that with time I will get used to the Nikon user interface, Pentax was really good and UI and so far, the Nikon UI feels like they stuffed as many buttons on the body as they could fit and yet buried many not so well described settings in menu after menu (even with a 400 page user manual...). [/QUOTE]
Verification
Post reply
Forums
Nikonites
New Member Introductions
New Member, New Nikon Owner
Top