Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New media
New media comments
New profile posts
Latest activity
Media
New media
New comments
Search media
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Nikonites
New Member Introductions
New Member, New Nikon Owner
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Clovishound" data-source="post: 848261" data-attributes="member: 50197"><p>Welcome. </p><p></p><p>I Spent a lot of time with Pentax cameras back in the day. I ended up going with Nikon after a long hiatus, and moving to the digital world. The D850 is a great choice, IMO, for a DSLR. It's big, it's heavy and it's loud, but it is a real workhorse with a ton of features, and durable build. Actually, I like big and heavy for a camera. Full disclosure: I'm on the mirrorless bandwagon myself, but that's me, and I recognize that a DSLR is the best fit for many, and if I had to go back to a DSLR, the D850 would be my choice, hands down. If you aren't into the more gear/feature demanding genres, like wildlife, sports, etc, the D850 should do a great job for you for many, many years to come, and is still no slouch for wildlife or sports when pressed into service for those.</p><p></p><p>We look forward to seeing some of your images. Enjoy that new cameras smell!!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Clovishound, post: 848261, member: 50197"] Welcome. I Spent a lot of time with Pentax cameras back in the day. I ended up going with Nikon after a long hiatus, and moving to the digital world. The D850 is a great choice, IMO, for a DSLR. It's big, it's heavy and it's loud, but it is a real workhorse with a ton of features, and durable build. Actually, I like big and heavy for a camera. Full disclosure: I'm on the mirrorless bandwagon myself, but that's me, and I recognize that a DSLR is the best fit for many, and if I had to go back to a DSLR, the D850 would be my choice, hands down. If you aren't into the more gear/feature demanding genres, like wildlife, sports, etc, the D850 should do a great job for you for many, many years to come, and is still no slouch for wildlife or sports when pressed into service for those. We look forward to seeing some of your images. Enjoy that new cameras smell!! [/QUOTE]
Verification
Post reply
Forums
Nikonites
New Member Introductions
New Member, New Nikon Owner
Top