How to recover photos from SD card camera?

GRANDJACK

Good afternoon! I had an unpleasant incident. My samsung 64 gb sd card from my camera is not working. There was important material on it. The card is not displayed in the camera itself. If you connect the card to a computer, the system says the card is damaged and needs to be formatted.

After a bit of googling, I realised that special programmes were needed to repair it. I even tried a few, but didn't get the desired result ....

Does anyone know how to help me?

BF Hammer

Short answer is the card has likely failed and your work is lost forever.

You of course have to try the basic repair options. Blow dust off the electrical contacts. Maybe q-tip and deox-it cleaner applied to sd card contacts. I have never succeeded in recovering files from cards in that condition and it must not be trusted to use again even if it formats. Solid-state flash storage in any form including SSD inside a computer can only write a finite number of times to a memory block. SD cards don't have any real code to work around that problem like a SSD drive contains.

FYI: Samsung micro-SD cards fail at an alarming rate in my phones and TV streaming boxes. I had to go to other brands.

GRANDJACK

Short answer is the card has likely failed and your work is lost forever.

You of course have to try the basic repair options. Blow dust off the electrical contacts. Maybe q-tip and deox-it cleaner applied to sd card contacts. I have never succeeded in recovering files from cards in that condition and it must not be trusted to use again even if it formats. Solid-state flash storage in any form including SSD inside a computer can only write a finite number of times to a memory block. SD cards don't have any real code to work around that problem like a SSD drive contains.

FYI: Samsung micro-SD cards fail at an alarming rate in my phones and TV streaming boxes. I had to go to other brands.
Yes, I tried to clean my contacts, but it didn't work. I also contacted the service of my town, but they want to rob me. So I thought maybe I could do it myself.

GRANDJACK

I was able to recover 70% of the material.

I came across this YouTube video.

Hetman Partition Recovery software was able to recover 70% of the data from the flash drive. This is probably the best result so far. In general, I am satisfied because I was able to recover most of the material for a small amount of money.

Last edited:

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard GRANDJACK, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.