Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New media
New media comments
New profile posts
Latest activity
Media
New media
New comments
Search media
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Nikonites
New Member Introductions
Hi New Member. Old Nikon 5700
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Clovishound" data-source="post: 848158" data-attributes="member: 50197"><p>Well, you can't get a "new" one as they have been out of production for quite a while. I couldn't find an end date, but they first came out in 2002. </p><p></p><p>You could replace it with a new Coolpix p950. They aren't necessarily cheap, but they have considerable advantages over the 5700. Most notably 16 MP resolution versus 5MP on the 5700. The lens is 24-2000mm equivalent to full frame 35mm. That is a significant bump from the 35-280 you now have. It also has significantly higher ISO capability, and I'm sure the autofocus is much better as well. There are likely lots of other upgrades as well, since advances in digital photography have been significant over the last couple decades. </p><p></p><p>Some folks really love this camera for a small, light and compact birding camera, especially considering the reach it has at full zoom. They can be had for $850 new, and a couple hundred less used. If you shoot a lot, I think it would be well worth the money to upgrade, assuming it's in your budget. I understand that not everyone can drop the better part of a $1000 on a new camera.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Clovishound, post: 848158, member: 50197"] Well, you can't get a "new" one as they have been out of production for quite a while. I couldn't find an end date, but they first came out in 2002. You could replace it with a new Coolpix p950. They aren't necessarily cheap, but they have considerable advantages over the 5700. Most notably 16 MP resolution versus 5MP on the 5700. The lens is 24-2000mm equivalent to full frame 35mm. That is a significant bump from the 35-280 you now have. It also has significantly higher ISO capability, and I'm sure the autofocus is much better as well. There are likely lots of other upgrades as well, since advances in digital photography have been significant over the last couple decades. Some folks really love this camera for a small, light and compact birding camera, especially considering the reach it has at full zoom. They can be had for $850 new, and a couple hundred less used. If you shoot a lot, I think it would be well worth the money to upgrade, assuming it's in your budget. I understand that not everyone can drop the better part of a $1000 on a new camera. [/QUOTE]
Verification
Post reply
Forums
Nikonites
New Member Introductions
Hi New Member. Old Nikon 5700
Top