Hello from Michigan

WaltE

I'm Walt. Been a Nikon user for about 25 years or so. Before that Pantax. Currently have a D850 and Z6. About 5 years ago or so I started becoming interested in cinematography, which took me into the world of BlackMagicDesign and Canon. Still have a lot of situations where a mirrorless form factor is best. The Z6 is a very nice camera but the video just doesn't cut that great with raw video footage. Looking at the Z8 to bridge that gap. So far after a lot of research, I believe I'm getting close to picking one up thanks to some help from here already as well. Have a Ronin S2 that I think it will pair nicely with. Everything I do is hobby. I've had jobs for 50 years and it's time to do something just for me. No money involved I shoot music videos, documentaries, and a hodge podge of whatever. I pick subject matter and make the offer. I've found folks who do very interesting things and it has been pure joy to document their activities. My hobby is truly multimedia utilizing stills, video, and an audio studio. I also love just taking the camera out an snagging wildlife shots. I don't publish much of what I do as I find social media shallow and often disgusting riddled with agendas, all of which are reminiscent of work. I don't anticipate anything by being here but I'm sure I will find enjoyment.

Robin W

Welcome aboard! In comparison I am a fairly new photographer. My husband and I have been at it about 6 years as a hobby. We have enjoyed this small community of photographers and we have learned a lot. I hope you enjoy it here too.

WaltE

Welcome aboard! In comparison I am a fairly new photographer. My husband and I have been at it about 6 years as a hobby. We have enjoyed this small community of photographers and we have learned a lot. I hope you enjoy it here too.
Wonderful to read. My wife will join me for a walk about with cameras from time to time. Truly makes everything that much better to share each others ideas and images. My grandfather willed me an old Argus range finder when I was maybe 13-14 and I was hooked instantly. I'm 70 now and still have the same feeling when I pick up a camera. Hard to explain other than it's a joy.

Robin W

We got started when I would take walks through our neighborhood. After a while I was getting a little bored with the same walk everytime so I started taking pictures with my phone, it made the walk better. My husband took notice and bought me a Nikon D3500 for Christmas that year. Then he would drive me around so I could learn to use my new camera. Pretty soon he upgraded me to a D7200 and also bought one for himself. Now we both have D500's and D810's.

blackstar

Welcome from sunny California, though still remember the winter beauty of Michigan 20~40 years ago while studying there. Wish you joy recording the wonderful world of bright winter there and sharing with us here.