Greetings from Bellevue, Nebraska

Nightwolf001

Greetings to all! I'm an amateur hobbyist from Bellevue, part of the Omaha metro area. My digital photography journey began in 2003 with the purchase of my first Fuji digital camera. I later graduated to Sony P&S, but did not make the transition to DSLRs until 2015 because I thought the little Point and shoots were good enough. But I decided to get a used D3100 as my introduction to DSLRs, and eventually purchased a new D5600. My hobby took a back seat when my wife fell ill, and until she passed away in 2020, I'd completely forgotten about photography. But we must move on, and I decided to finally make the transition to FX and mirrorless, and purchased a Z5 on Sep 8, 2023, directly from Nikon. I don't have any Z lenses just yet, and I'm using the F mount glass that I do have for the meantime. I have a mix of DX and FX glass so far.

i-pX64KR4-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard Nightwolf001, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Clovishound

Welcome. I spent a few years in Omaha back in the late 70s.

I don't think you will regret the Z5 purchase. I've had one for about a year and a half, and have really enjoyed using it. The Z lenses are fabulous.