FlashQ triggers and settings for D300 and sb-600 speedlight

FredL

I am having trouble figuring out the settings to use for the D300 and SB-600 speedlight after attaching the pocket-size FlashQ trigger for off camera flash. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

FredL

Thanks for the quick response. To answer your second question, it's not doing anything. It's probably something fundamental I'm overlooking. First, do I use the commander flash mode in the D300 menu? I assume I'm to use the sb-600 on Manual, since the FlashQ doesn't handle TTL. I'll go back and see if I have the trigger and receiver synched. If they are, and still doesn't work, I'm at a loss to know what's next I can check.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. FredL We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.

Fred Kingston

A couple of comments here...

Does the flash work when you put it in the hot shoe of the camera?
Second... Nikon's CLS system doesn't require a trigger for off camera flash...

Set the camera for commander mode, and just turn the SB-600 on...raise the flash on the camera and with the camera/flash withing 30' feet of each other (it's line-of-sight) take a picture... the flash should fire.

If you want to use the triggers, without attaching either the remote or the trigger, when you test fire the remote, there should be some indication that the trigger fires... double check that the two are on the same circuit/frequency and are in sync.

If the remote/trigger work without being attached to the camera or flash... but ddoesn't work when attached to the camera, my first impression is that it's not compatible with Nikon's flash, unless you know otherwise...