First Nikon & First DSLR

AJB

Hello to everyone! I just got my first Nikon DSLR, a D50 with two lenses and some accessories. My first DSLR. I've taken a few practice photos and been perusing the manual. I'm just getting to the point of not being bewildered by the complexity. I owned a Minolta X570 35mm SLR but it was far less complex and I've forgotten a lot about it. Anyway I'm having a lot of fun with my new (to me) camera.

Bikerbrent

Hello to everyone! I just got my first Nikon DSLR, a D50 with two lenses and some accessories. My first DSLR. I've taken a few practice photos and been perusing the manual. I'm just getting to the point of not being bewildered by the complexity. I owned a Minolta X570 35mm SLR but it was far less complex and I've forgotten a lot about it. Anyway I'm having a lot of fun with my new (to me) camera.
Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

RockyNH_RIP

Hello and Welcome... so much info and such a welcoming crowd, hope enjoy it here!

Pat in Savannah

Clovishound

I made the switch from film photography (many, many years ago) to digital last year. I have really enjoyed what you can do with a modern digital camera. This site is a great resource for information and help. It's also a great way to show off, I mean share, your photos.

BF Hammer

Welcome AJB! I went from a Minolta xd-11 to a D80 over 15 years ago. No matter how complex the features, the exposure triangle still is the same and the basis for good photos. Enjoy the learning.

Roy1961

Contributor
Hello and welcome. First camera was a Fuji ???? First Nikon was a D60 with 18-55 and 55-200. Upgraded that to a D7000 then D500 and Z6ii.

nikonbill

Contributor
Welcome AJB,

Hope you enjoy your camera and the transition to digital. All I can add is to be patient with yourself as you learn, ask lots of questions. Great crew here!