Fire hydrant

Silversnapper

Following on from my posts #5 & #23 in the Weekly Challenge https://nikonites.com/forum/threads...rants-or-other-fire-fighting-equipment.48279/, I went for a stroll down a nearby country lane - actually it's a segment of old road that had been by-passed a few years ago, and I noticed that the farmer had been cutting back a very overgrown hedgerow alongside the path and what did I find? this
Hydrant-2.jpg

Having already posted a photo of the only, and pathetic, hydrant I could find in the Weekly Challenge I was somewhat annoyed to find this much better example. Obviously, it would have been against the rules to substitute this picture in the Challenge but I thought I'd post it here for posterity. It seems, just like a London bus, you wait for ages for one and then two come together (almost ;) }

Silversnapper

I don't think it's against the rules to pull a submission and put in a new one.
Thanks for your post Woodyg3, looking at the rules more closely I think you are probably right, however, in the spirit of 'one shot per contestant' I will leave things as they are and perhaps not be so swift to post my images in future - just in case another bus comes. ;) :)

Peter7100

Thanks for your post Woodyg3, looking at the rules more closely I think you are probably right, however, in the spirit of 'one shot per contestant' I will leave things as they are and perhaps not be so swift to post my images in future - just in case another bus comes. ;) :)
I asked this same question a long time ago and the rules then seemed to be that if nobody had voted for your picture then it was ok to pull it and submit a new one. Of course the rules may have been updated since then.

Needa

Challenge Team
There is nothing in the rules against deleting a post, with likes or not and posting a replacement post with a different image, what is not OK is replacing the image within a post that has likes as this is not fair to others including the ones who have liked the image. Remember these contests are meant to fun, learning experiences and rely on the honor system.

Last edited: