Did anyone get some photo related gifts?

Clovishound

Mine wasn't strictly photo equipment, but the motivation was related.

I've been a little frustrated that my computer was rather slow with Lightroom in certain operations. Topaz hasn't exactly been a speed demon on it either. I worked out a deal with Santa to pick up part of the tab for a faster computer and it was under the tree yesterday.

It's not exactly a gaming computer, but it does have an I7 processor and enough RAM to hopefully handle LR with a little more alacrity. I spent some time yesterday setting it up, but haven't gotten to uninstalling LR and PS on the old computer so that I can install it on this one. I'm crossing my fingers that it will speed things up significantly.

I also got a large Pelican style case. Nice to have something that everything will fit in and is weather proof. The Pup got a 10-20 wide angle zoom for her D5600. I am looking forward to seeing what she does with it.

Peter7100

Mine wasn't strictly photo equipment, but the motivation was related.

I've been a little frustrated that my computer was rather slow with Lightroom in certain operations. Topaz hasn't exactly been a speed demon on it either. I worked out a deal with Santa to pick up part of the tab for a faster computer and it was under the tree yesterday.

It's not exactly a gaming computer, but it does have an I7 processor and enough RAM to hopefully handle LR with a little more alacrity. I spent some time yesterday setting it up, but haven't gotten to uninstalling LR and PS on the old computer so that I can install it on this one. I'm crossing my fingers that it will speed things up significantly.

I also got a large Pelican style case. Nice to have something that everything will fit in and is weather proof. The Pup got a 10-20 wide angle zoom for her D5600. I am looking forward to seeing what she does with it.
I found when I moved up to an AMD Ryzen 7 processor with 16GB of RAM, it transformed the speed of LR from slowish to lightening fast, so I'm sure you will notice a bit difference.

No photo stuff from Santa :cry: but I did get a smart watch which I am very happy with 🎅🙂

TwistedThrottle

Adorama gift cards for me making it to the good list this year. Also, we found out my nephew is getting married in October and asked me to be the wedding photographer. I’ve never done a wedding but I’m gonna give it my best.

Clovishound

Well, I got Lightroom installed, and used it to edit a photo of my other Christmas present. I had to dig out the old D3400 to get a picture without a blank spot in the foam. This thing loaded is heavy enough that I think I will use a small carrier, think a very small folding hand truck, to carry it with, if I have very far to walk That would be on things like visits to one of the parks, or swamps where I will normally be covering a couple miles or so. I need to explore a good method for attaching my tripod to the carrier.

_DAB0031.jpg

The biggest slowdown I normally had with Lightroom is while exporting images. Sometimes it's fairly quick, mostly slow. It wasn't lightning fast on this image, using the new computer, but definitely much quicker than before. I will need to edit a bunch more to see if there is a big difference. I also tried out Topaz, and found it to be much quicker, although again, not super fast. So far, I'm pleased.

Peter7100

Adorama gift cards for me making it to the good list this year. Also, we found out my nephew is getting married in October and asked me to be the wedding photographer. I’ve never done a wedding but I’m gonna give it my best.
Good luck with being the official wedding photographer, I'm sure you will do well.
I did once for my niece decades ago and I found the best tip was to be forceful in telling people where to stand and to get out of the way when you see a good shot :ROFLMAO:.

Clovishound

I shot one wedding in my life. It was back in my film days. One of the guys in my squadron was getting married and wanted me to shoot the wedding. I told him I didn't think my skills were up to it. He told me it was either me or someone with an Instamatic. I didn't charge, and gave him the exposed film after the wedding. I don't believe I ever saw any of the pics.

bluzman

My niece got this remote shutter release rig for me.

Pixel TW-283 DC0/DC2 Compatible for Nikon

I already had an ML-L7 that I bought in 2019 for a now sold Coolpix P1000. It works great with my Z50. I also have an ML-L3 for my D3400. What I was missing was a remote(s) that would work with my D5600, D7500, and D500. The item that's linked includes the gear needed to accommodate all three cameras, none of which have an integrated IR remote feature. I prefer this approach instead of the Snapbridge app..

Camera Fun

From my daughter: Ruggard hard case for CFxB & SD cards, Ruggard soft case to hold 2 batteries, Nikon ML-L7 remote.
From myself: Delkin Black 150gb CFxB card