D7000 fEE error when i use 50mm 1.4d lens

I have a d7000 that works fine with 18-105mm vr lens.... But when i change to another lens like 50mm 1.4d it error. I tried the 50mm lens to another d7000 and ot worked fine.... Do i need to upgrade my firmware to fix this??

Dave_W

The Dude
The problem is the aperture ring on the D lens. You have to set the ring at it's widest (or is it smallest? I forget now) setting. Either way, it's the aperture ring that's giving you problems....maybe. ;)

Ranie

The FEE error indicates that the camera cannot control the full range of the lens aperture. If your lens has a mechanical aperture ring, rotate the aperture to its smallest opening, or highest f-number - normally marked in orange. Select this aperture and lock it using the aperture locking switch to prevent this message from appearing again.

thosdmg

Or - if you wish to control your aperture by the manual ring - the D7000 allows you to in its settings - check the manual for details.

funfortehfun

I had the same error with my 60mm micro and D90 - set the aperture to the smallest possible value (largest number, probably f/32 indicated in orange) and lock it with the orange switch. You can then control the aperture through the camera from A or M modes.

litrattonijuan

Have the same problem here. Just upgraded from D70s to D7000 last week bought brand new from authorized dealer. When I attached my fav lens nikkor AF 50mm 1.8, FEE error displayed on top LCD despite rotating the aperture ring to smallest aperture of f22 and locking it. With my old and trusty D70s it's working perfectly and did not have this same error ever since. Tried to put the said lens on a friend's D90 and also worked well. Not even once error message Tried to clean contacts but still same error message appears when i switched on the camera. Did anybody have this experience on D7000? All my other nikkor lenses worked wonderfully with D7000

Read more: http://nikonites.com/d7000/32374-fee-error-af-50mm-d7000.html#ixzz3jU94Zhc3