d3300 with ES-2

Can I use the ES-2 with my d3300 with standard lens?
Can I use Nikon NX studio to edit the image?

also I am using a Digitnow M192 cheap scanner.
My Kodachrome slides scan OK ,but Ektachrome before 1973 (1954-1965) have a very bad orange tint.
I scan the slide in custom mode with full saturation , brightness at 1/3, and contrast at 2/3.
slide image is black and white.
any advice?
thanks

Clovishound

My understanding is that the ES-2 is designed to be used with one of several Nikon macro lenses with a 62mm filter. You might be able to make it work with a lens you have using extension tubes and the proper filter adapter, but I wouldn't count on it.

Here is a description and review of the ES-2:

ES-2 Review

I see no reason why you couldn't use NX to post process. It's free, so try it and see if you can get the results you want. If you need something with more flexibility, and don't want to pay for something like Lightroom/Photoshop, Gimp is supposed to be a fairly capable editor. It's free, but has a steep learning curve.

Fred Kingston

The Es-2 is a type of extension tube, in and of itself... You do need a macro lens... the old 60mm D lens is perfect and readily available on eBay for cheap... You do a gross focus with the ES-2, and then a fine focus with the lens... As for light, with some fiddling to get the exposure consistent, I setup my SB-910 off-camera, and using the camera's popup flash as the trigger, via Nikon's CLS system I would shoot at the SB-910 flash in manual mode.