D3200 - this option is not available at current settings, or in the camera's...

tatikos

Hi everybody!

I just bought that camera and the whole day now i'm trying to set the shooting menu. Yet, when i open it, most of the settings seem gray saying that "this option is not available at current settings, or in the camera's current state". Am i doing something wrong?

Please help!!!

Hi everybody!

I just bought that camera and the whole day now i'm trying to set the shooting menu. Yet, when i open it, most of the settings seem gray saying that "this option is not available at current settings, or in the camera's current state". Am i doing something wrong?

Please help!!!

Do you have the Mode switch in AUTO? If so almost everything will not be adjustable.

Have you read the manual yet? It should tell you what can be set in what mode.

But get it out of Full Auto mode Move it into Program mode and then you will be able to set many of those other options and still have exposure set for you.

tatikos

Thank you so much for your replies! I indeed had the mode switched to Auto. After i changed it to Manual i could make changes. Now i guess i have to read till the end the manual in order to figure out how to use this camera. I'm completely fresh to that so i have a very long way to go... Regards!!

SteveH

Welcome to the forum! I'd suggest sitting with the manual and camera and just follow the manual through trying out the various settings and modes... You'll soon start to pick things up.

Clovishound

Turn the mode dial on the top of the camera to "M". If you are not comfortable with full manual, you can choose "A" for aperture preferred. This will keep the aperture "Fstop" you choose and the camera will automatically change the shutter speed to give you the "proper exposure". Alternately, you can choose "S" and it will do the same thing, only using the shutter speed you choose.

No matter what mode you choose, keep an eye on your settings. It's easy for a shutter speed to get too low, or an ISO to go too high when lighting conditions change.