Clovis' Nikon Nuggets

Clovishound

Well, the gators were out in force today.

_DAB0333-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg

_DAB0351-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg

_DAB0346-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg

Clovishound

Same gator. If you look closely you will see a spider catching a ride between his nose and eyes in both. It's a small one, an ankle biter. Maybe 3 1/2 - 4 ft long. I really like the texture in the water, with the reflection of the vegetation on the opposite shore. Unfortunately, the head of the gator is lacking nice crisp detail. Don't know if it's soft on focus, or underexposure. It was badly backlit. I grabbed a couple shots, then added some extra exposure, unfortunately, by then it had moved on to a less interesting stretch of water. I had to mask the head and bring up the deep shadow.

Here's another couple from the series. Complete with spiders. I just noticed there is a second spider on the neck of at least three of the images.

_DAB0639-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg

_DAB0668-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg

Clovishound

Went somewhere new to us today. CNPA had their monthly outing, and this was the first one for the Pup and I to attend. Had to drive about 3 hours round trip, but I think it was worth it. Could have done better, but hopefully I will improve next visit. This is a sanctuary/garden/lake that has a large swan population. They actually have 7 different species. Interesting place. Both the Pup and I burned out after a couple hours. Took just shy of 700 pictures, with lots and lots of round file images. I have edited about a third of the picked images so far. I need a nap!

I'll start off with my two favorites.

_DAB1365-topaz-denoiseraw.jpg

_DAB1370-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg

There was a wood duck that was a little nervous of the other birds.

_DAB1535-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg

This guy needs a bath!

_DAB1317-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg

Black necked swan.

_DAB1340-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg